Basic installation instructions for Cartweaver 4 php
The following instructions assume that you have experience in web (HTML) development and are well versed in the use of your web development application (Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 + or the php text API of choice). It is also assumed that you have the basic knowledge of how to set up a local PHP development environment and how do the basic steps to create a MySQL database.
If this is not the case it is recommended that you use XAMMP http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html to get you started and that you spend some time referring to the XAMPP documentation or refer to the online training links available in the resources section of the Cartweaver site for more information.
Step by step Installation:
- Step one: Set up your local testing and development environment.
- Step two: Create a new blank folder where you will be developing your new site ( if you are using XAMPP this will be in the htdocs subfolder in your xampp folder )
- Step three: Go to your MySQL administration app (for example phpMyAdmin) and create a new, empty database for your new site.
- Step four: After creating the database, go to the user admin and create a new database user - with username and password and give this user full permissions for the database you just created only.
- Step five:
- Step five - With Adobe Dreamweaver: In Dreamweaver add your new site to your Dreamweaver’s sites then use the Cartweaver 4 PHP extension to install the Cartweaver application files into your site. In the installation panel, enter the database information (database host name *probably localhost, database name, username and password) for the database you created previously, and install.
- Step five - Manual Installation: Open your Cartweaver application download .zip file then open the CW4-PHP folder and drag and drop all the contents into the root of the site folder you previously created. Now, in your site, go to - \cw4\cwconfig - and open the cw-config.php file - On lines 20 through 24, enter your database connection information where indicated and save the file.
- Step six: In your web browser browse to your new site’s admin home page for example -http:/Localhost/YourSiteFolder/cw4/admin- Since you have not yet populated your new blank database you will see the database creation page. Double check to see that the database connection information displayed is correct, if it is click to proceed and all the necessary Cartweaver 4 database tables and fields will be added to your database.
For installation on your local system you can leave the delete files check box un checked. If you are setting your site up on the host server, as a security measure, you will want to check this box so the database creation files are deleted when done.
- Step seven: Log into the admin using the default username - developer - and password - admin - or browse to your site home page;